Tuesday 11 November 2008

Best Soft Rock/Metal Tracks

K peeps..this might sound crazy..but i don't care...i just wanna get this off my chest...this is MY CHOICES & OPINIONS...the rest of u...feel free to join n share with me ur views...seriously...
10 Best Soft Rock/Metal Tracks
1. Steelheart - She's gone : Well...what can i say? This was a CLASSIC!!! Some might consider them Hair..but for me..this song was so touching..i mean..is still touching..this is the song if ever my girl leaves me...
2. Bad Company - If You Needed Somebody : Well, this was the last song Abstruce played together (my Abg's band lar)...so this was a natural choice..another sad song..something like 98 Degrees' Invincible Man...
3. Mr. Big - Just Take My Heart : Not sure if Yazeit agrees with me on this...yes...Mr Big had lotsa hits..To Be With You and Wild World comes into mind..But for me..this was THE SONG..can you imagine any guy singing 'just take my heart when you go'...ain't that abit tipsy?
4. Dokken - Alone Again : Knightwings (yah...that local band that has a crazy guitarist and a singer who is like a Bruce Dickinson wannabe) covered it in malay on Anugerah Band. Well...this is another...sad song...being left by his woman...are all soft rock songs sad and involves our loved ones?
5. Scorpions - When The Smoke Is Going Down : i have absolutely no idea what the song is about..but i just love this song more than Still Loving You...Holiday and In Trance...
6. Iron Maiden - Children of The Damned : Haha..allow me to laugh this out...yes..i picked Iron Maiden's track here...yes...i love this song..especially the cover done by Dream Theater...more soulful...
7. Deep Purple - Soldier of Fortune : What can i say...even my Dad and uncles listen to this classic..my Dad sings it even...David Coverdale at his Best...
8. Rainbow - Catch The Rainbow : Okay...this was a tough call..Rainbow had so many soft rock hits eg. The Temple of The King...I Surrender..Street of Dreams...Rainbow Eyes...but this was a track which DIO made his own...u guys should check out the live version he sang in 1996..the live album 'The Last In Live'..which he did a medley with Mistreated.
9. Dream Theater - One Last Time : Yes..another tough choice for me as DT had a few soft rock hits like Hollow Years...but this being a personal favourite..i had to be bias..haha..listen to the piano works...
10. Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan : Yes...the Godfathers of metal..i love the percussions on the song..and though Pantera covered this song..it didn't quite come off the way Ozzy did it..

No comments: