K peeps..this might sound crazy..but i don't care...i just wanna get this off my chest...this is MY CHOICES & OPINIONS...the rest of u...feel free to join n share with me ur views...seriously...
1. Gary Moore - Empty Rooms : The former Thin Lizzy guitarist has a few good soft rock tracks such as Still Got The Blues and also Parisienne Walkways, but this song certainly as a personal touch for me. Well, that was when i was still single. A song that simply anyone who has a broken heart can cry along with.
2. Metallica - Nothing Else Matters : I really feel this song was well worked out with the string components that accompanied the song. The atmosphere of the song was upped by a few notches because of that. Never have a metal band made a slow song sound so good.
3. Guns N' Roses - November Rain : I can't deny it. I still remember every bit of the video clip to this song. Looking for the bride, the desert, everything in fact. This used to be the song that i hummed to while on the way to school during my formative years. Axl Rose would certainly have a hard time trying to get a hit song of the same type from Chinese Democracy.
4. Aerosmith - I Don't Wannt To Miss A Thing : I give up trying to avoid this song. This song was such a hit during my lower secondary school days. It simply hit off so well with that Armageddon movie. I still remember that Bruce Willis character sacrificing himself for his daughter's happiness. And certainly, this song was 'Tyler' made, pardon the pun, for Steven Tyler
5. Def Leppard - Two Steps Behind : I will have to admit this. This is the only song i'm totally familiar with by Def Leppard. Tha speaks volumes as i never like their other songs. and their chorus is a straight success for commercial purposes. Were they Hair?
6. Duran Duran - Ordinary World : Hmmm, they might not fall in this category, but this song is always in my soft rock playlist. Glam they might be, but they do have a few hits. Yes..purple big hair...shucks...
7. Europe - Carrie : They have always been known generally for their over-played hit Final Countdown. This might be a draggy song, but was still their hit.
8. Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven : This was the first song i ever listened to by them. Though it's a tad too long, the build up was just right. It really elevates slowly. Jimmy Paige simply made this song his own. Check out their live versions of the song, it sounds much better.
9. Eagles - Hotel California : A ghastly song about that haunted hotel. Somehow or another, i always feel this song has a reggae touch to it. The drums, guitar and bass, just seems a bit more rock steady.
10. Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow - The Temple of The King : This song, even my dad listens to it. A true classic. Though the song is actually medieval and light. But DIO's husky syrupy voice made it sounds hard rock...